The global pandemic has by all metrics caused upheavals in the attention economy altering the course of many companies.
Today, billions of people around the world are currently in lockdown increasingly sharing, commenting on, streaming, and researching TV shows. This report provides a glimpse into the largest dataset of global TV audience behaviors as well as roadmaps for thriving during and beyond the pandemic for OTTs, broadcasters, distributors, producers, and marketers.
Amidst all of the uncertainty and chaos, we look to evidence from billions of data points to validate strategies that reduce risk and deliver growth.
- New challenges are the new normal, but come with new opportunities. Utilizing data allows executives to be agile in finding and adapting to these changes.
- Audience content preferences have shifted due to COVID-19, these include a desire for original content, especially content that fills holes left by cancellations or delays.
- OTTs have an opportunity for growth due to increased streaming volume, but in order to prevent churn they must optimize their release schedules and content acquisitions.
- Broadcasters are challenged with holes in programming schedules, but can adapt by reinvigorating fandoms and finding replacement titles that will attract target audiences.
- Distributors should optimize their content packages for broadcasters and OTTs in need.
- Producers, despite shutdowns, can be resilient by prioritizing projects that fulfill audiences’ shifting demand and finding new formats to create fresh content.
- Marketers may need to pivot their channel spends, but can find ways to maximize their audience reach and tap into emerging preferences.
- Executives are rapidly adopting their programming to changes in audience habits, and developing effective content offerings for buyers.
You can download the report here.