This 67 page in-depth whitepaper takes a comprehensive look at OTT market share trends around the world, which were captured using Parrot Analytics' global cross-platform OTT TV analytics capabilities.
The Global Television Demand Report is published quarterly by Parrot Analytics and utilizes the full global TV analytics dataset, which is comprised of 3.5 trillion data points across 100+ languages in 100+ countries.
Market-specific domestic TV Insights:
For the following territories included in this report - Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States:
- We reveal the 2019 SVOD market share in each of the 10 markets for the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, CBS All Access, Disney+, and Apple TV+ based on audience demand for each platform's digital originals.
- Discover how SVOD market share trends have changed over the last 24 months, including the debut of new platforms Disney+ and Apple TV+. Find out what percentage of the market for drama and action/adventure digital originals each SVOD platform has managed to capture over the last 24 months.
- Discover which sub genres resonate the most with local audiences compared to the global average.
- Find out what the demand distribution of a selection of digital originals in each of the ten markets looks like.
- Discover the top 20 digital streaming shows for each country, as well as 5 additional titles of interest in each market.
Global Television Insights:
- Find out the 2019 global SVOD market share of the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, CBS All Access, Disney+, and Apple TV+ across 100+ markets.
- Discover the worldwide platform demand share of all drama digital originals as well as the worldwide platform demand share of all action/adventure digital originals.
- The increase in the global investment made by SVOD platforms over the last 7 years.
- The global growth of SVOD subscribers over the last 7 years.
- A TV industry update for 2019 detailing important market events concerning SVOD services.
We have also included a deep dive into the top shows and travelability of content from new platforms Disney+ and Apple TV+.
Note: We define "SVOD market share" as the share of demand for each platform's digital originals. "Content travelability" is defined as the global popularity of a title relative to its home market. "Digital Originals" are defined as a multi-episode series where the most recent season was produced or first made available on a streaming platform. Global OTT television measurement is made possible using Parrot Analytics' global TV demand dataset, which is updated daily.