Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at OTT TV trends in Brazil, including:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Brazil, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to Brazilians.
- How local Brazilians demand for these titles has changed over the course of the first quarter of 2018.
- How many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q1 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the first quarter of 2018.
Consumer willingness to pay for SVOD services in Brazil
The Parrot Analytics Global SVOD Subscription Purchase Propensity Study explored how many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to in Brazil. The study was carried out with Brazilians consumers in March 2018, here the findings:
- Over 40% of people in Brazil are not willing to subscribe to any video subscription streaming services.
- While 25% of people would pay for one subscription, a greater percentage than in the US or UK, only 10% would pay for two, the lowest of these four markets.
- Brazil has registered the greatest percentage of people among the markets examined that are willing to pay for 4 or more video subscriptions; of these, over a third are aged 18 to 24.
- Overwhelmingly it is Brazilian males that are willing to pay for four or more SVOD services.
For more information, check out the most up-to-date Brazil television industry overview.