Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in Austria.
Download this report now and discover what television content people really want in Austria. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights on SVOD digital originals and TV device access preferences:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Austria, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to Austrians.
- How local demand in Austria for these titles has changed over the course of the second quarter of 2018.
- How audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Austria, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q2 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the second quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: New Zealand, Canada, Colombia, Germany, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Austria
In the Austria TV report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from April through May, 2018. A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in Austria over the last three months is also included:
- Arrested Development ranked highest in Austria. At #4 among digital originals, it peaked highest early May and sustained throughout the month.
- Black Mirror has consistently high demand up until May, although it hadn’t released any episodes since Season 4 on December 2017.
- Interestingly for series Sense8, the announcement that there would be a 2 hour finale generated higher demand than the actual premiere of the finale.
Devices used to access TV content in Austria
Our global TV demand report also includes a section on how audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Austria, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- Austrians are less likely to engage with television content on a Laptop or Desktop. Only 8% of respondents reported using that device for TV.
- Accessing TV content with Antenna or a Smart TV skew male (67% Male and 66% Male respectively).
- In Austria, the age bracket that reports the highest Smart TV usage is 25-34.
Please download the full 55 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Austria SVOD Demand Report for Q2 2018