Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at the market share of SVOD platforms in Belgium based on the audience demand of each platform’s digital original productions. The SVOD market share report leverages Belgium demand data for streaming originals from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, CBS All Access, DC Universe as well as local SVOD platforms.
Please download the full 60 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Belgium SVOD Market Demand Report.
SVOD TV market share in Belgium
We define “SVOD market share” as the share of demand for each platform’s digital originals. Based on this measure, we are able to make the following observations:
- In the Belgian digital original space, Netflix original titles have the largest share of demand. 66.9% of all demand expressed in 2019 Q1 was for a Netflix title.
- Hulu drama digital originals have a higher demand share in this market (12.4%) than all the other markets in this report.
- With 8.1%, Amazon Prime Video drama originals have the lowest demand share in Belgium of all the markets included in this report.
- The 24 month demand share trend shows that while the Amazon Prime Video’s demand share has remained roughly the same, the share for Netflix has dipped since early 2018.
SVOD drama market share in Belgium
Here we define “market share” as the share of demand for each platform’s drama digital originals in Belgium. Based on this measure, we are able to make the following observations:
- The majority (71.7%) of the 2019 Q1 demand for drama titles in Belgium is expressed for digital original titles from Netflix, a higher share than in any other markets in this report.
- With a 11.6% demand share in Belgium, this is the also best market for Hulu drama originals.
- The Belgian enthusiasm for Netflix and Hulu titles comes at the expense of drama from Amazon Prime Video which only has a 6.1% demand share, lower than in all other markets in this report.
- The trend over time chart shows that the demand share for CBS All Access drama originals has increased over the quarter.
SVOD action/adventure market share in Belgium
Here we define “market share” as the share of demand for each platform’s action/adventure digital originals in Belgium. Based on this measure, we are able to make the following observations:
- Netflix originals account for 55.9% of Belgian demand for action/adventure digital originals.
- DC Universe titles have solidified themselves as the second largest share of demand with 22.1%, retaining the strong position they took at the end of 2018 in the action/adventure genre.
- The 24 month trend shows the market shift resulting from the entry of DC Universe originals; in Q1 the DC Universe share appears to still be increasing in Belgium.
Download the free SVOD market share report for Belgium
Download this report now and discover the latest SVOD market demand trends for Belgium. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights:
Belgium Domestic TV Insights:
- We reveal the Belgium SVOD market share of the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and CBS All Access based on audience demand for each platform’s digital originals.
- Discover how SVOD market share trends in Belgium have changed over the last 24 months.
- Find out what percentage of the market for drama and action/adventure digital originals each SVOD platform has managed to capture over the last 24 months.
- Discover the genre demand share for all digital originals in this market as well as the 10 most in-demand subgenres in this territory.
- Find out the demand distribution of a selection of digital originals in this market.
- Discover the top 20 digital streaming shows in Belgium, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to audiences.
Global Television Insights:
- Find out the global SVOD market share of the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and CBS All Access across 100+ markets; this has been calculated based on the worldwide demand for each platform’s originals.
- A TV industry update for Q1 2019 detailing important market events concerning SVOD services.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: China, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, Russia, South Africa, United Kingdom and the United States.
Note: This version of The Global TV Demand Report does not include any market share information for as yet unreleased SVOD platforms such as Apple TV+, HBOMax by WarnerMedia/AT&T, NBCU/Comcast’s Peacock, Quibi and Disney+. Parrot Analytics publishes this report each quarter, be sure to bookmark https://insights.parrotanalytics.com/tv to gain access to the latest available market share report across all SVOD platforms.
After reading this article you may have a few questions, such as “How can TV series and SVOD platforms generate demand in markets where they are not yet available?” Please make sure to read our methodology for demand attribution and also our knowledge base article on how Parrot Analytics defines a “digital original” series.