Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in Belgium, including:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Belgium, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to Belgians.
- How local demand in Belgium for these titles has changed over the course of the first quarter of 2018.
- How many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q1 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the first quarter of 2018.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Belgium
In the report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from January through March, 2018:
A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT television trends in Belgium over the last three months is also included:
- The most popular digital original series, Stranger Things and Black Mirror, both declined in January from their releases in Q4 2017.
- Though both Altered Carbon and Jessica Jones had successful releases, with demand that was sustained over weeks, neither surpassed Stranger Things.
- The episode spikes for Star Trek: Discovery are not as distinct as in other markets.
- La Peste, a Spanish original series from Moviestar+, ranked highest in Belgium out of the ten markets examined in this study.
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Belgium SVOD Ratings Television Report for Q1, 2018