Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in Colombia.
Download this report now and discover what television content people really want in Colombia. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights on SVOD digital originals and TV device access preferences:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Colombia, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to Colombians.
- How local demand in Colombia for these titles has changed over the course of the second quarter of 2018.
- How audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Colombia, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q2 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the second quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: New Zealand, Austria, Canada, Germany, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Colombia
In the Colombia TV report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from April through May, 2018. A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in Colombia over the last three months is also included:
- Money Heist (La Casa de Papel) premiered internationally on Netflix in April, and generated significant demand that month, though it didn’t sustain for the entirety of the quarter.
- Colombia was one of the only markets evaluated where international Netflix hit 13 Reasons Why didn’t generate the highest demand. Still yet, post its premiere, it was the top title from mid to end of May leading into June.
- Lost in Space ranked #6 in Colombia. While the series was released April 13th, its demand didn’t peak until early May.
Devices used to access TV content in Colombia
Our global TV demand report also includes a section on how audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Colombia, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- Out of all markets evaluated, Colombia had the highest percentage of respondents reporting more traditional TV means of access; TV with Antenna is at 20% and TV with Cable/Satellite is at 37%.
- Colombians also reported the lowest usage for Laptop or Desktop for TV content consumption (4%).
Women report accessing TV content on a mobile device more than men (62%).
- The age brackets engaging with all devices across the board at a higher rate were 18-24 and 25-34.
Please download the full 55 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Colombia SVOD Demand Report for Q2 2018