Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV in Finland.
Download this report now and discover the latest SVOD demand measurement trends for Finland. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Finland, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to audiences in Finland.
- How local demand in Finland for these titles has changed over the course of the third quarter of 2018.
- How consumer attitudes vary towards TV series streaming/downloading using peer-to-peer (P2P) networks in 4 markets globally, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q3 detailing important events with a focus on OTT trends.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the third quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: Argentina, Chile, United States, Denmark, India, Israel, Singapore, Sweden and Turkey.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Finland
In the Finland SVOD report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from July through September, 2018:
A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in Finland over the last three months is also included:
- Orange Is The New Black dominates the Finnish digital originals list for Q3, with demand for the show shooting up after the release of Season 6. Over the quarter it has around twice as much average demand as any other title.
- Castle Rock also captured a large amount of Finnish demand, becoming the fifth most in-demand digital original over the quarter despite only premiering partway through Q3.
- Demand for Stranger Things rose slightly over the Q3, while Carpool Karaoke and The Handmaid’s Tale remained consistently in-demand.
The prevalence of using downloads/streaming for TV content in Finland
Our global TV demand report also includes a study of how audiences are consuming TV series, using downloading/streaming (P2P), and how this behavior varies by age and gender in Finland, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- The Finnish population has the most knowledge about P2P services as only 42% of respondents did not know what it was. After Sweden, Finland has the second highest rate of using P2P services in the survey.
- 13% of Finnish respondents answered that they used P2P services to download TV content, although only 3% said they were regularly using them.
- Finns aged between 35 and 44 make up the largest proportion of those who said they regularly use P2P services for TV content.
- Like in the US, males were more likely than females to say they used P2P services in Finland.
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Finland TV SVOD Demand Measurement Q3 2018