This Parrot Analytics genre trend report for Argentina reveals which genres and subgenres appealed to Argentina's audiences the most during the quarter.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Which genres are most in-demand for Argentinian audiences this quarter?
- How do Argentinian genre trends compare to global trends for the quarter?
- Which subgenres are most in-demand for Argentinian audiences this quarter?
- For only digital original series, what genres are most demanded by Argentinian audiences this quarter and how is this different to the overall shares?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- The most in-demand genre of series in Argentina is drama. 47.3% of all demand expressed in Argentina this quarter is for a drama title. The top title in this genre in Q4 2019 is Stranger Things.
- Compared to global audiences, Argentinians are 1.8% more likely to express demand for children’s series.
- The most in-demand subgenre in Argentina in 2019 Q4 is crime drama. Crime dramas account for 10.7% of all expressed demand, a 4.3% lead on the next largest subgenre. Argentina’s most demanded crime drama this quarter is Peaky Blinders.
- When only digital original titles are considered, the demand share for dramas in Argentina rises slightly. 52.4% of demand is for digital original dramas series compared to the 47.3% drama share of all titles.