This Parrot Analytics genre trend report for Australia reveals which genres and subgenres appealed to Australian audiences the most during 2020 July to September The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Which genres are most in-demand for Australian audiences this quarter?
- How do genre trends in Australia compare to global trends for the quarter?
- Which subgenres are most in-demand for Australian audiences this quarter?
- For only digital original series, what genres are most demanded by Australian audiences this quarter and how is this different to the overall shares?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- Between July and September 2020, audiences in Australia expressed the most total demand for series in the drama genre. 39.2% of demand expressed was for a series in this genre.
- Compared to worldwide content tastes, Australian audiences give more attention to reality series. The genre share for reality in this market is +5.3% greater than the global average.
- Crime drama is the most demanded subgenre in this market.
- Led by Disney+'s , the Australian demand share for action and adventure digital original series is much larger than the genre's share of the overall market.