This Parrot Analytics genre trend report for the Philippines reveals which genres and subgenres appealed to Filipino audiences the most during 2020 Q1.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Which genres are most in-demand for Filipino audiences this quarter?
- How do genre trends in the Philippines compare to global trends for the quarter?
- Which subgenres are most in-demand for Filipino audiences this quarter?
- For only digital original series, what genres are most demanded by Filipino audiences this quarter and how is this different to the overall shares?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- Children’s content is highly demanded in the Philippines, accounting for 8.6% of all expressed demand.
- Although comedy is the second largest genre, it is not a strong genre in the Philippines. Compared to global demand shares, comedy has 2.2% less share of this market.
- 2020 Q1’s most in-demand subgenres in the Philippines is crime drama, which accounts for 7.8% of all demand expressed.
- The demand share for action and adventure series increases substantially for digital originals from the overall Philippine market, going from a 10.4% share to a 22.2% share. The most in-demand action and adventure digital original for Filipino audiences this quarter was Disney+’s The Mandalorian.