This Parrot Analytics genre trend report for the United Kingdom reveals which genres and subgenres appealed to British audiences the most during 2020 July to September. The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Which genres are most in-demand for British audiences this quarter?
- How do genre trends in the United Kingdom compare to global trends for the quarter?
- Which subgenres are most in-demand for British audiences this quarter?
- For only digital original series, what genres are most demanded by British audiences this quarter and how is this different to the overall shares?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- Between July and September 2020, British audiences expressed the most demand for series in the drama genre, with the most demanded drama being the BBC’s Doctor Who.
- The high level of British audience attention for reality series stands out when compared to global averages, with a +3.1% difference.
- British audiences express higher than average demand for procedural dramas, but have lower levels of demand than the rest of the world for anime series.
- Almost one fifth of all expressed demand for digital originals in the UK is for an action and adventure series.