Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in Germany.
Download this report now and discover what television content people really want in Germany. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights on SVOD digital originals and TV device access preferences:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Germany, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to Germans.
- How local demand in Germany for these titles has changed over the course of the second quarter of 2018.
- How audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Germany, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q2 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the second quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: New Zealand, Austria, Colombia, Canada, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Germany
In the Germany TV report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from April through May, 2018. A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in Germany over the last three months is also included:
- Money Heist (La Casa de Papel) came into Q2 with very high demand, though it didn’t sustain beyond mid-May.
- In Germany, audiences engage with both CBS All Access series The Good Fight, which aired new episodes from March through May, as well as Star Trek: Discovery, which hadn’t released new episodes since February but managed to still sustain demand in the market.
Devices used to access TV content in Germany
Our global TV demand report also includes a section on how audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Germany, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- Germany drove one of the higher responses for “TV with Cable and/or satellite,” while every other device option response was at least 60% less.
- Across the board, men use the devices more than women to engage with TV content. This is especially true for tablets and Smart TV both at around 75% male.
- In Germany, Cable TV has a somewhat even distribution across ages. Watching on a laptop/ desktop or mobile device however skews 18-24 or 25-34 brackets.
Please download the full 55 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Germany SVOD Demand Report for Q2 2018