Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV in India.
Download this report now and discover the latest SVOD demand measurement trends for India. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in India, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to audiences in India.
- How local demand in India for these titles has changed over the course of the third quarter of 2018.
- How consumer attitudes vary towards TV series streaming/downloading using peer-to-peer (P2P) networks in 4 markets globally, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q3 detailing important events with a focus on OTT trends.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the third quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: Sweden, Argentina, United States, Denmark, Chile, Israel, Singapore, Finland and Turkey.
Top Streaming Television Shows in India
In the India SVOD report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from July through September, 2018:
A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in India over the last three months is also included:
- The big story in this market is Netflix’s first Indian digital original series, Sacred Games. Not only is Sacred Games the most in-demand of the Indian digital originals, it is the most in-demand of all digital originals in Q3, with over twice the average demand as the second placed 13 Reasons Why.
- Netflix’s second Indian digital original Ghoul also performed strongly, becoming the 11th most in-demand original despite not being released until halfway through Q3.
- The Indian market was also well served by Amazon Prime Video’s Indian digital original titles like Comicstaan, Inside Edge and Breathe. These series are all in the top 30 digital original series in the market, with Comicstaan the highest at 19th most in-demand.
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: India TV SVOD Demand Measurement Q3 2018