Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at the market share of SVOD platforms in Ireland based on the audience demand of each platform’s digital original productions. The SVOD market share report leverages Ireland demand data for streaming originals from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, CBS All Access, DC Universe as well as local SVOD platforms.
Please download the full 60 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Ireland SVOD Market Demand Report.
SVOD TV market share in Ireland
We define “SVOD market share” as the share of demand for each platform’s digital originals. Based on this measure, we are able to make the following observations:
- With 7.2% demand share for 2019 Q1, Hulu titles have the lowest share in Ireland out of all the markets in this report.
- Like the UK, Ireland has an above average demand share for DC Universe originals with 5.2%.
- The 24 month trend chart shows that the share for Hulu titles are shrinking during 2019 Q1, while the shares for CBS All Access and DC Universe originals are growing.
SVOD drama market share in Ireland
Here we define “market share” as the share of demand for each platform’s drama digital originals in Ireland. Based on this measure, we are able to make the following observations:
- The demand share by platform for digital original dramas in Ireland for Q1 2019 is in line with the average across all markets in this report.
- At 11.0%, the demand share for Hulu drama originals in the quarter is slightly above average.
- The 24 month trend shows that Hulu drama originals are historically strong in this market, with a peak of 27.7% share of demand in July 2018.
SVOD action/adventure market share in Ireland
Here we define “market share” as the share of demand for each platform’s action/adventure digital originals in Ireland. Based on this measure, we are able to make the following observations:
- In contrast to the performance of drama originals from Hulu, in the action/adventure genre Hulu originals have a lower demand share in Ireland (5.0%) than in any other market in this report.
- Netflix has the highest demand share in the market with 60.1%.
- The trend chart shows that Netflix has regained demand share in this genre over 2019 Q1, going from 50.2% in January to 64.7% in March.
Download the free SVOD market share report for Ireland
Download this report now and discover the latest SVOD market demand trends for Ireland. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights:
Ireland Domestic TV Insights:
- We reveal the Hungary SVOD market share of the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and CBS All Access based on audience demand for each platform’s digital originals.
- Discover how SVOD market share trends in Hungary have changed over the last 24 months.
- Find out what percentage of the market for drama and action/adventure digital originals each SVOD platform has managed to capture over the last 24 months.
- Discover the genre demand share for all digital originals in this market as well as the 10 most in-demand subgenres in this territory.
- Find out the demand distribution of a selection of digital originals in this market.
- Discover the top 20 digital streaming shows in Hungary, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to audiences.
Global Television Insights:
- Find out the global SVOD market share of the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and CBS All Access across 100+ markets; this has been calculated based on the worldwide demand for each platform’s originals.
- A TV industry update for Q1 2019 detailing important market events concerning SVOD services.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: Belgium, China, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, Russia, South Africa, United Kingdom and the United States.
Note: This version of The Global TV Demand Report does not include any market share information for as yet unreleased SVOD platforms such as Apple TV+, HBOMax by WarnerMedia/AT&T, NBCU/Comcast’s Peacock, Quibi and Disney+. Parrot Analytics publishes this report each quarter, be sure to bookmark https://insights.parrotanalytics.com/tv to gain access to the latest available market share report across all SVOD platforms.
After reading this article you may have a few questions, such as “How can TV series and SVOD platforms generate demand in markets where they are not yet available?” Please make sure to read our methodology for demand attribution and also our knowledge base article on how Parrot Analytics defines a “digital original” series.