Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at OTT TV trends in Italy, including:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Italy, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to Italians.
- How local Italian demand for these titles has changed over the course of the first quarter of 2018.
- How many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q1 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the first quarter of 2018.
Consumer willingness to pay for SVOD services in Italy
The Parrot Analytics Global SVOD Subscription Purchase Propensity Study explored how many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to in Italy. The study was carried out with Italian consumers in March 2018, here the findings:
- Italy has registered the lowest percent of people willing to subscribe to 3 services of the 4 markets examined; about 56% of these are aged 35 to 54.
- Across all age groups, Italian males are more willing to pay for SVOD services. Females do not want to pay for any paid streaming services, by a small margin.
- Italy was the “odd market out” in this survey as only 18% of people in this territory are not willing to subscribe to a subscription video streaming service. In the other three markets examined over 40% are not willing to pay for a SVOD subscription.
- Over 70% of people in Italy are willing to subscribe to one or two SVOD services, far more than in the US, UK, or Brazil.
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Italy OTT Ratings TV Report for Q1, 2018