Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in Malaysia.
Download this report now and discover what television content people really want in Malaysia. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights on SVOD digital originals and TV device access preferences:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Malaysia, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to Malaysians.
- How local demand in Malaysia for these titles has changed over the course of the second quarter of 2018.
- How audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Malaysia, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q2 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the second quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: New Zealand, Austria, Colombia, Canada, Germany, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Malaysia
In the Malaysia TV report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from April through May, 2018. A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in Malaysia over the last three months is also included:
- As in most of the markets evaluated, 13 Reasons Why was the dominating series of Q2, generating significantly higher popularity than the other digital originals.
- Thought Altered Carbon’s first and only season was released on Netflix in February, the series held its own in Q2 against other popular digital originals.
- The same is true for The Grand Tour, which managed to maintain demand though its last episode was released on Amazon February 16th.
Devices used to access TV content in Malaysia
Our global TV demand report also includes a section on how audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Malaysia, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- Malaysia is more likely to watch television on a mobile (24%) or tablet device (22%) than through a regular television set.
- TV with Antenna (77% Male) & TV with Cable/Satellite (65%) skew male.
- The 65+ age bracket reports the highest usage of TV with Cable and/or satellite channels (47%).
Please download the full 55 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Malaysia SVOD Demand Report for Q2 2018