Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in New Zealand.
Download this report now and discover what television content people really want in New Zealand. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights on SVOD digital originals and TV device access preferences:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in New Zealand, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to Kiwis.
- How local demand in New Zealand for these titles has changed over the course of the second quarter of 2018.
- How audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in New Zealand, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q2 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the second quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: Austria, Canada, Colombia, Germany, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States.
Top Streaming Television Shows in New Zealand
In the New Zealand TV report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from April through May, 2018. A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in New Zealand over the last three months is also included:
- The Handmaid’s Tale generated increasingly high demand in New Zealand, with peaks aligning with episodic releases of the series’ second season.
- Lost in Space was the most popular digital original mid April, aligning with the reboot’s release.
- Only in June did Carpool Karaoke release new episodes, aligning with the highest peak of the series. Prior to that, the series still maintained high demand.
Devices used to access TV content in New Zealand
Our global TV demand report also includes a section on how audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in New Zealand, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- In New Zealand, those that engage with TV content are very likely to do so on a laptop or desktop (23%).
- They are least likely to engage with TV content on a tablet. Usage for the device skews male 66%.
- While watching on a laptop/desktop is led by 18-24 & 25-34 at a combined 58%, interestingly mobile phone watching is pretty even for all those under 45 years old.
Please download the full 55 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: New Zealand SVOD Demand Report for Q2 2018