Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in Portugal.
Download this report now and discover what television content people really want in Portugal. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights on SVOD digital originals and TV device access preferences:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Portugal, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to the Portuguese.
- How local demand in Portugal for these titles has changed over the course of the second quarter of 2018.
- How audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Portugal, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q2 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the second quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: New Zealand, Austria, Colombia, Canada, Germany, Malaysia, Poland, United Kingdom, United States.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Portugal
In the Portugal TV report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from April through May, 2018. A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in Portugal over the last three months is also included:
- Though Narcos’s most recent season was released on Netflix in September 2017, the series held its own in terms of demand for Q2 2018 in Portugal against newer digital original content.
- Money Heist (La Casa de Papel) was the second most popular digital original of the quarter overall, and dominated demand for the month of April in the market.
- Brazilian political drama, The Mechanism, premiered worldwide on Netflix in March and started Q2 above popular digital original series 13 Reasons Why.
Devices used to access TV content in Portugal
Our global TV demand report also includes a section on how audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Portugal, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- In Portugal, the most common device used to access television content is TV with Cable and/ or satellite channels (27%).
- Accessing content with a TV with Antenna channels skews male (66%).
- 23% of respondents that report watching on a laptop or desktop are aged 18-24. The youngest bracket also makes up 20% of all “mobile phone” responses.
Please download the full 55 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Portugal SVOD Demand Report for Q2 2018