Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at the the most popular TV genres in Russia based on the Russian audience demand of each platform’s digital original productions. Our television genre report leverages Russian demand data for streaming originals from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, CBS All Access, DC Universe as well as local SVOD platforms.
Please download the full 60 page report, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Russia television genre report.
The most popular television genres in Russia
Parrot Analytics tracks tens of thousands of television titles in 100+ markets across all TV distribution platforms. This enables us to make the following observations concerning genres for Russia:
- Russians are expressing the most demand for drama digital originals (52.3%).
- Russia has the lowest demand share out of all the markets in this report for four genres of digital original titles: These are action/adventure (13.2%), documentary (1.6%), reality (0.5%) and variety (0.1%).
- Russian audiences have the highest demand share in this report for horror originals with 4.2%.
The most popular TV subgenres in Russia
Here are our findings concerning TV subgenres:
- Russia is also the only market besides Belgium where the drama genre has above 50% of demand across all digital original titles.
- Like in the USA, digital original cartoons have enough demand in Russia for the subgenre to rank in the ten most in-demand subgenres.
- Russia has the largest lead in this report for the most in-demand subgenre: The top subgenre, sci-fi drama, has 63% more demand than the next most in-demand subgenre, superhero series.
Download the free TV genre report for Russia
Download this report now and discover the latest SVOD market demand trends for Russia. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights:
Russia Domestic TV Insights:
- We reveal the Russia SVOD market share of the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and CBS All Access based on audience demand for each platform’s digital originals.
- Discover how SVOD market share trends in Russia have changed over the last 24 months.
- Find out what percentage of the market for drama and action/adventure digital originals each SVOD platform has managed to capture over the last 24 months.
- Discover the genre demand share for all digital originals in this market as well as the 10 most in-demand subgenres in this territory.
- Find out the demand distribution of a selection of digital originals in this market.
- Discover the top 20 digital streaming shows in Russia, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to audiences.
Global Television Insights:
- Find out theglobal SVOD market share of the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and CBS All Access across 100+ markets; this has been calculated based on the worldwide demand for each platform’s originals.
- A TV industry update for Q1 2019 detailing important market events concerning SVOD services.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: Belgium, China, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, South Africa, United Kingdom and the United States.
Note: This version of The Global TV Demand Report does not include any market share information for as yet unreleased SVOD platforms such as Apple TV+ (Apple TV Plus), HBO Max by WarnerMedia/AT&T, NBCU/Comcast’s Peacock, Quibi and Disney+. Parrot Analytics publishes this report each quarter, be sure to bookmark https://insights.parrotanalytics.com/tv to gain access to the latest available market share report across all SVOD platforms.
After reading this article you may have a few questions, such as “How can TV series and SVOD platforms generate demand in markets where they are not yet available?” Please make sure to read our methodology for demand attribution and also our knowledge base article on how Parrot Analytics defines a “digital original” series.