This section of the Parrot Analytics MIP Cancun 2022 Whitepaper explores content trends across Chile for the first half of 2022.
We reveal the market’s SVOD demand share by original platform for digital originals and also present our findings on the genre preferences of audiences here, the whitespace opportunities, and the top 20 overall most in-demand series across all platforms.
Which platform’s originals are most in-demand in Chile?
- Disney+ has an exceptionally large share of the digital original market in Chile, 22.7% of all digital original demand in the first half of 2022, more than twice the next biggest platform share here, HBO Max.
- HBO Max has surpassed Amazon Prime Video as the third largest demand share for original content in the first quarter of 2022.
- Netflix’s share in Chile, eaten away by a growing Disney+, bottomed at a 37.5% share in June 2022.
- Most platform shares in Chile, squeezed by a dominant Netflix and ascendant Disney+, fell below their LATAM average share.
How do Chile Genre Preferences compare to the Global Average?
• Chilean audiences are not as fond of drama as the other audiences in LATAM. Chile’s share of demand for drama content was -11.7% lower than the global average, the smallest share of the markets in this report.
• Chile is also the market in this report with the highest share of demand for animated content. The country’s share of demand for this genre was +46.3% larger than the global average.
Where are there Whitespace opportunities to satisfy demand in Chile?
- Chile is the country where the superhero microgenre is more successful in this report, with more than 5 times the average microgenre demand. On the other side, crime shows are saturated in the country, having less than average demand in Chile.
- Pre-school age content is also an area of opportunity in Chile. It has a uniquely high demand in the country combined with a low supply of shows. resulting in a wide gap between supply and demand in the country.
Top Series in Chile
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series for the first half of the year in Chile across all platforms and networks: