This Parrot Analytics SVOD platform trend report for Australia reveals which which SVOD’s digital original series appealed most to Australian audiences during 2019 Q4.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Are Australian audiences demanding more linear or more digital content?
- Which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by Australian audiences and how is this evolving?
- In the Action and Adventure genre, which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by Australian audiences and how is this evolving?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- The Australian 2019 Q4 demand share for linear originals of 86.7% is stronger than the global average demand share of 84.7%.
- Of all digital original series, Netflix originals have the largest demand share in Australia of 48%. However, this share is 8% weaker than the global average.
- The arrival of Disney+ in November had a clear effect on Australian demand shares for other platform's originals. This effect was for both overall digital original series and for action and adventure digital original series.