This Parrot Analytics SVOD platform trend report for India reveal which which SVOD’s digital original series appealed most to Indian audiences during 2019 Q4.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Are Indian audiences demanding more linear or more digital content?
- Which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by Indian audiences and how is this evolving?
- In the Action and Adventure genre, which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by Indian audiences and how is this evolving?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- In India in 2019 Q4, 21.1% of all expressed demand is for a digital original series from local or global streaming platforms.
- Indian audiences responded particularly well to Apple original series. Apple TV+ launched partway through the quarter on November 1st, yet still gained a 2% demand share.
- Although not officially available in India, the global release of Disney+ action and adventure original series had a large impact on the Indian market, gaining 22% demand share.