This Parrot Analytics SVOD platform trend report for Italy reveals which SVOD’s digital original series appealed most to Italian audiences between June and August 2020.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Are Italian audiences demanding more linear or more digital content?
- Which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by Italian audiences and how is this demand evolving?
- In the action and adventure genre, which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by Italian audiences and how is this demand evolving?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- When compared to the global average demand shares for digital original and linear series, Italian audiences demand linear series slightly more.
- Italy is a strong market for Netflix. The 61.1% demand share for Netflix titles in Italy is 4.2% higher than the global average Netflix demand share of 56.9%.
- The demand share for Disney+ series surges in Italy before the official Italian launch of the platform in March 2020. The global arrival of Disney+ series had a greater effect in the action and adventure genre than it did in the overall Italian digital original market.