This Parrot Analytics SVOD platform trend report for the United Kingdom reveals which SVOD’s digital original series appealed most to British audiences between April and June 2020.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Are British audiences demanding more linear or more digital content?
- Which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by British audiences and how is this demand evolving?
- In the action and adventure genre, which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by British audiences and how is this demand evolving?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- In the UK, linear series are comparatively more effective at capturing audience attention than the global average.
- Unusually, global Top 5 platform DC Universe is not one of the Top 5 UK platforms. UK audiences express more demand for Disney+ originals.
- Demand for Disney+ original series had two separate growth events in the United Kingdom, once for the global platform launch in November 2019 and once after the UK platform launch in late March 2020.