Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in the Switzerland, including:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Switzerland, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to the Swiss.
- How local Swiss demand for these titles has changed over the course of the first quarter of 2018.
- How many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q1 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the first quarter of 2018.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Switzerland
In the report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from January through March, 2018:
A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT television trends in Switzerland over the last three months is also included:
- Star Trek: Discovery was the most popular digital original title in Switzerland due to its growing popularity during the second half of its first season.
- Netflix’s German-language series Dark began the quarter with more demand than Star Trek: Discovery.
- Three major releases this quarter– Altered Carbon, Jessica Jones, and Stargate Origins– all sustained their initial demand over several weeks.
- The latest season of the German sitcom Pastewka aired on Amazon Video and ranked 42nd in the market.
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Switzerland SVOD Ratings Television Report for Q1, 2018