Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at the global travelability of Spanish local television productions as well as how the demand for TV subgenres differs from the global average by leveraging Parrot Analytics global TV demand data.
Please download the full 68 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Spain TV content travelability and subgenres report.
The international success of local TV productions from Spain
We define “content travelability” as the global popularity of a title relative to its home market. Based on this measure, we are able to make the following observations:
- Unlike many other European content producers, the best markets for content produced in Spain are mainly outside of Europe.
- Spanish content performs well in Latin American markets like Argentina and Mexico.
- The global travelability of content from Spain is 5.4%. Once again, this is approximately in the middle of the 10 countries in this report, with Canada being highest (29.9%) and Brazil being lowest (2.4%).
The most popular television subgenres in Spain
Parrot Analytics tracks tens of thousands of TV shows in 100+ markets across all television distribution platforms. This enables us to make the following observations concerning subgenres for Spain:
- The largest demand share in Spain is for crime drama, which accounts for 13.7% of all expressed demand in this market, 5.0% more than the global average.
- This is in fact the biggest difference from the global average out of all subgenres across all 10 markets in this report.
- Thrillers are also more in-demand in Spain than they are globally: This subgenre is the fourth largest subgenre in Spain, registering 2.4% more demand share in this market than worldwide.
Download our free TV content travelability and subgenres report for Spain
Download this report now and discover the latest TV travelability and subgenres data trends for Spain. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights:
Spain Domestic TV Insights:
- We reveal the 2018 Spain SVOD market share of the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and CBS All Access based on audience demand for each platform’s digital originals.
- Discover how SVOD market share trends in Spain have changed over the last 24 months, including the contribution made by DC Universe.
- Find out what percentage of the market for drama and action/adventure digital originals each SVOD platform has managed to capture over the last 24 months.
- Learn where in the world content produced in Spain is the most wanted relative to the Spaniard’s home market; we refer to this as content travelability.
- Discover which sub genres resonate the most with Spaniards compared to the global average.
- Find out what the demand distribution of a selection of digital originals in Spain looks like.
- Discover the top 20 digital streaming shows in Spain, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to audiences in Spain
Global Television Insights:
- Find out the 2018 global SVOD market share of the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and CBS All Access across 100+ markets.
- Discover the worldwide platform demand share of drama digital originals as well as the worldwide platform demand share of action/adventure digital originals.
- The increase in the global investment made by SVOD platforms over the last 5 years.
- The global growth of SVOD subscribers over the last 5 years.
- The increase in digital original titles worldwide over the last 7 years.
- A TV industry update for 2018 detailing important market events concerning SVOD services.
- We have also included a mini analysis of the global demand for critically acclaimed digital original comedies.
Parrot Analytics publishes this report each quarter, be sure to bookmark https://insights.parrotanalytics.com/tv to gain access to the latest available market share report across all SVOD platforms.
After reading this article you may have a few questions, such as “How can TV series and SVOD platforms generate demand in markets where they are not yet available?” Please make sure to read our methodology for demand attribution and also our knowledge base article on how Parrot Analytics defines a “digital original” series.