Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at the most popular English-language streaming television series produced by SVOD platforms in China by leveraging Parrot Analytics global TV demand data.
Please download the full 60 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other territories: China streaming TV series report.
The top 20 SVOD original English language television series in China
We measure the audience demand for television content around the world, factoring in all of the following and more:
- Audience video consumption (streaming and downloads)
- Social media engagement (hashtags, liking, sharing)
- Consumer research actions (reading about shows, writing about shows, etc)
Demand for content is calculated daily for tens of thousands of TV shows in 100+ markets across all television distribution platforms: The more consumer effort is required, the more importance we attach to each of the factors above.
This approach results in the industry’s most advanced global TV demand measurement system, allowing us to provide insights on TV series that audiences the world over truly care about.
So, with all that in mind, here are our top 20 original TV series by a streaming platform for China for Q1 2019:
Download the free TV streaming platform report for China
Download this report now and discover the latest SVOD market demand trends for the United States. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights:
China Domestic TV Insights:
- English-language digital original trends in China based on Parrot Analytics vast TV demand dataset.
- Foreign content trends in China: Despite many Western services not presently operating or distributing their content in the Chinese market, we are able to demonstrate which Digital Originals are in high demand with Chinese audiences.
- We also reveal Chinese consumer preferences for specific genres and subgenres of foreign digital original content.
- Discover the demand share by genre, and the most in-demand subgenres of English language digital original series, to understand which type of content would work well either distributed in China or adapted into a local Chinese series.
- Find out what the top 20 English-language streaming shows in China are.
Global Television Insights:
- Find out theglobal SVOD market share of the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and CBS All Access across 100+ markets; this has been calculated based on the worldwide demand for each platform’s originals.
- A TV industry update for Q1 2019 detailing important market events concerning SVOD services.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: Belgium, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, Russia, South Africa, United Kingdom and the United States.
Note: This version of The Global TV Demand Report does not include any market share information for as yet unreleased SVOD platforms such as Apple TV+ (Apple TV Plus), HBO Max by WarnerMedia / AT&T, NBCU / Comcast’s Peacock, Quibi and Disney+.
Parrot Analytics publishes this report each quarter, be sure to bookmark https://insights.parrotanalytics.com/tv to gain access to the latest available market share report across all SVOD platforms.
After reading this article you may have a few questions, such as “How can TV series and SVOD platforms generate demand in markets where they are not yet available?” Please make sure to read our methodology for demand attribution and also our knowledge base article on how Parrot Analytics defines a “digital original” series.