Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Brazil in Q1, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Brazil from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Brazil Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- Brazil’s share of demand for factual content (2.6%) was more than 4 times the global demandshare (0.6%).
- Despite Big Brother Brasil’s strong demand in Q1 2022 (26.1x), share of demand for the reality genre in Brazil (7.5%) is below its global share of demand–10.2%.
- Brazil had the largest share of demand for horror content in this report giving a 1.6% share of demand to the genre in Q1 2022.
- School ranked as the fifth most in-demand subgenre in Brazil for the quarter. The same happened in five other markets in this report.
- Comedy subgenres succeeded in Brazil this quarter. Sitcom ranked 4th and comedy drama ranked 7th.
- Brazil was one of three markets (along with France and Thailand) covered in this report where Japanese Anime ranked as the most in-demand subgenre.
Brazil Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Content from local player Rede Globo led all platforms in demand share in Brazil in Q1 2022 with 9.5%.
- Brazil was one of the three markets where Netflix didn’t made up the largest share of original demand in Q1 2022. Brazilian audiences gave the platform’s originals 7.4% of demand for the quarter which was below the global share of demand for platform’s originals (10.4%).
- Content from The CW was very successful in Brazil and Portugal this quarter where it achieved its largest share of demand for originals with 3%.
- Japanese Anime ranked high in Brazil in this report. Attack on Titan was the most in-demand show in Brazil in the first quarter with 27.41 times the average series demand in Q1 2022.
- Big Brother Brasil, from Rede Globo, was the most in-demand reality series in Brazil this quarter with 26.11 times the average series demand.
- The Big Bang Theory, the comedy from CBS, ranked higher in Brazil (21) than in any other market covered in this report.
Top Series in Brazil
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q1 2022 across all platforms and networks in Brazil: