Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Denmark in Q3, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Denmark from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Denmark Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- Denmark was tied with four other markets in this report for the lowest share of audience demand in the Factual genre (0.2%), below the genre’s global share (0.7%).
- Drama (37.4%) was Denmark’s most in-demand genre in Q3 2022, followed by Reality (13.8%) and Comedy (13.0%).
- Despite the presence of Last Week Tonight With John Oliver (17) and Taskmaster (18) in the top 20 most in-demand series in Denmark in Q3 2022, the market generated the third-smallest audience demand share for the variety genre (3.8%) in this report.
- Crime drama ranked as the most in-demand subgenre in Denmark for the quarter. It was the top subgenre in three other markets in this report.
- Sci-Fi Drama was the second most in-demand subgenre in Denmark in Q3 2022, its highest rank in this report.
- Sitcom was the 3rd most in-demand subgenre in Denmark. The only markets to rank the subgenre higher in the top ten were the US and New Zealand.
Denmark Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Similar to most markets in this report, Netflix originals made up the largest share of original demand (8.7%) in Denmark in Q3 2022.
- Content from BBC was uniquely successful in Denmark this quarter where achieved its second largest share of demand for originals with 4.3%, behind New Zealand (5.3%).
- Broadcast networks CBS (5.7%), NBC (5.1%), ABC (3.4%) and Fox (3.7%) all out-performed their global averages in Denmark this quarter.
- As most markets in this report (8 out of 10), Stranger Things was the most in-demand show in Denmark in Q3 2022 with 27.1 times the average series demand.
- Denmark’s Top 5 most in-demand TV series in the quarter were dominated by dramas, which is unsurprising given the market’s top subgenre was Crime Drama.
- For All Mankind, Apple TV+’s alternate history space drama, ranked higher in Denmark (19) than any other market in this report.
Top Series in Denmark
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q3 2022 across all platforms and networks in Denmark:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report.