Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Ecuador in Q3, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Ecuador from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Ecuador Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- In Q3 2022, children’s series were very popular with Ecuadorian audiences who gave the genre a 16.6% share of demand – the largest share in this report.
- On the other hand, Ecuador gave the lowest share of demand for documentary content (0.9%) in this report, far below the genre’s global average of 5.4%.
- Ecuador also presented the lowest demand shares for action and adventure (4.2%) in Q3 2022, below the genre’s global share (6.6%).
- Ecuador was the only market in this report where Soap Opera was the most in-demand subgenre. It was followed by Japanese Animation, which ranked in the top 3 subgenres in six of ten markets.
- The School-age children’s subgenre ranked higher in Ecuador than in any other market in this report as the 3rd most in-demand subgenre in Q3 2022.
- Ecuador was just one of three markets to rank Pre-School among the top 10 subgenres in this report. Globally, it is not among the 10 most in-demand subgenres in Q3 2022.
Ecuador Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Ecuador was one of just two markets in this report in which Netflix (7.0%) was not the leader in originals demand share. It was narrowly edged out by Las Estrellas (7.1%). Local language network Telemundo (4.9%) also ranked among the top 5 in Q3 2022.
- The 6.6% share of demand from Disney in the Ecuadorian market represents the highest mark in this report and ranks above the global average (4.0%) for Disney content in Q3 2022.
- Content from Discovery was particularly unpopular in Ecuador where it achieved just a 1.9% demand share, which is tied for the lowest share in this report.
- Stranger Things was the most in-demand show in Ecuador with 13.8 times the average series demand in Q3 2022.
- La Rosa de Guadalupe (6), Caso Cerrado (12), La Usurpadora (14) and El Corazón Nunca Se Equivoca (17) all contributed to Ecuador being the only market in this report with soap opera as the most in-demand subgenre.
- Local language programming comprised seven of the top 20 most in-demand TV series in the market in Q3 2022.
Top Series in Ecuador
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q3 2022 across all platforms and networks in Ecuador:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report.