Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Egypt in Q2, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Egypt from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Egypt Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- Egyptian audiences gave the lowest share of demand (10.1%) to animation content in this report, despite showing high demand for shows like Attack on Titan (9.9x) and Jujutsu Kaisen (5.6x).
- Despite having the second largest share of demand for comedy in Q2 2022 (13.6%), Egypt’s demand for the genre was slightly lower than the global share of demand–13.8%.
- Egypt had the largest share of demand for drama content in this report giving a 41.9% share of demand to the genre in Q2 2022.
- Egyptian audiences showed their love for drama subgenres this quarter. Crime Drama ranked 1st, Romantic Drama ranked 4th, Comedy Drama ranked 6th and Family Drama ranked 8th.
- Egypt was the only market covered in this report to rank the Family Drama subgenre in the top 10.
- School ranked as the second most in-demand subgenre in Egypt for the quarter. The same happened in Peru and Malaysia.
Egypt Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- The 2.8% share of demand from ABC in the Egyptian market was below the global share for the network (3.2%) in this quarter.
- Netflix made up the largest share of demand in Egypt in Q2 2022. Egyptian audiences gave the platform’s originals 7.8% of demand for the quarter which was below the global share of demand for platform’s originals (10.0%).
- Content from The CW performed very poorly in Egypt this quarter where it accounted for its smallest share of demand for originals in this report with 1.6%.
- Drama ranked high in Egypt in this quarter. Stranger Things (10.42x), Better Call Saul (9.15x), Game of Thrones (9.08x) and Peaky Blinders (7.2x3) were in the top 10 most in-demand shows in the market in Q2 2022.
- Maktoub Alayya, from DMC, was the most in-demand comedy series in Egypt this quarter with 7.15 times the average series demand.
- WWE Monday Night Raw, the sports show from USA Network, ranked higher in Egypt (13) than in anyother market covered in this report.
Top Series in Egypt
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q2 2022 across all platforms and networks in Egypt: