Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Greece in Q3, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Greece from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Greece Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- Greece led all markets in this report in audience demand share for the Action & Adventure genre at 10.4%, far above the genre’s global share (6.6%).
- On the other hand, Greece ranked last in this report for audience demand share in the animation genre at 6.9%, below its global share (12.5%).
- As in most markets in this report, drama was the most in-demand genre in Greece. The 46.0% share of demand for this genre was below its global share of demand (39.2%).
- Comedy Drama ranked as the second most in-demand subgenre in Greece in Q3 2022, its highest ranking of any market in this report.
- Since Greece ranked second in this report in audience demand for Drama (46.0%), it’s not a surprise that Crime Drama, Comedy Drama, Sci-Fi Drama and Fantasy Drama all ranked among the top five most in-demand subgenres this past quarter.
- As the 7th most in-demand subgenre in Q3 2022, the Japanese subgenre ranked lower in Greece than any other market in this report.
Greece Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Though Netflix made up the largest share of demand in Greece in Q3 2022, its 9.2% demand share was actually smaller than Netflix’s global share of demand (10.2%).
- Greece led all markets in this report in demand share for HBO (8.3%), Amazon Prime Video (3.3%) and Apple TV+ (2.2%).
- Broadcast networks CBS (5.9%) and NBC (4.5%) were among the top 5 most in-demand platforms in Greece for Q3 2022.
- Disney+ and Hulu combined for five shows – Only Murders in the Building, The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Moon Knight and WandaVision– among the top 20 most in-demand shows in Greece this quarter.
- When combining audience demand for Disney owned platforms Disney+, Hulu and ABC, the company is responsible for an industry-leading 11.5% of total originals demand in Greece this quarter.
- Game of Thrones was the most in-demand HBO title in Greece this quarter where it had 20.4 times the average series demand.
Top Series in Greece
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q3 2022 across all platforms and networks in Greece:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report.