Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Norway in Q2, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Norway from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Norway Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- With strong demand for Formula 1 (8.6x) and Top Gear (5.3x), Norwegian audiences gave the highest share of demand to sports genre in this quarter (1.6%).
- Norway was one of the most reality-loving markets in this report, giving 13.3% share of demand to the genre in this quarter.
- Factual content was notably unpopular in Norway where it accounted for under a 1% share of demand for all series in Q2 2022.
- Crime drama ranked as the most in-demand subgenre in Norway for the quarter. It was the top subgenre in three other markets in this report.
- A love for science fiction from Norwegian audiences helped drive high demand for Sci-Fi Drama (4th) and Sci-Fi Action (9th) subgenres in this quarter.
- Sitcom was the 3rd most in-demand subgenre in Norway and Romania. The only market to rank the subgenre higher in the top ten was the US.
Norway Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Netflix originals made up the largest share of original demand in Norway in Q2 2022. The 7.8% of demand Norwegian audiences gave to the platform’s originals for the quarter was below the global share of demand for the platform’s originals (10.0%).
- Content from HBO was uniquely successful in Norway this quarter where it made up the second largest share of demand for originals with 6.9%.
- Content from Amazon Prime Video achieved its second largest demand share in Norway in Q2 2022 with 2.6%-slightly above the platform’s global share of demand (2.5%).
- As most markets in this report (6 out of 10), Stranger Things was the most in-demand show in Norway inQ2 2022 with 21.46 times the average series demand.
- Formula 1 was very successful with sports-loving Norwegian audiences in Q2 2022. It ranked higher in Norway than in any other market in this report with 8.65 times the average series demand.
- Britain’s Got Talent, from ITV, was the most in-demand reality series in Norway with 8.39 times the averageseries demand.
Top Series in Norway
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q2 2022 across all platforms and networks in Norway: