Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Peru in Q2, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Peru from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Peru Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- Children’s series were very popular in Peru in Q2 2022. The 19.5% share of demand for the genre was more than double the global share of demand (6.9%).
- Drama was the most in-demand genre in Peru in this quarter. However, the 32.7% share of demand for this genre was below its global share of demand (39.1%).
- Peruvian audiences gave the lowest share of demand for the documentary genre in this report (0.8%).
- Japanese Animation, School and Soap Opera ranked closely as the three most in-demand subgenres in Peru for the quarter.
- As the 3rd most in-demand subgenre this quarter, Soap Opera ranked higher in Peru than in any othermarket in this report.
- The Pre-School subgenre ranked higher in Peru than any other market in this report.
Peru Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Disney content was very successful in Peru in Q2 2022. Peruvian audiences gave the highest share of demand for the platform’s originals (8.6%) in this report.
- Series from Fox were especially unpopular in the Peru where they accounted for their lowest demand share in this report (2.0%).
- Content from CBS had its second smallest demand share in Peru this quarter with 2.1%-less than half of the platform’s global share of demand (4.8%).
- Children’s shows were in high demand in Peru. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (13.03x), PAW Patrol (11.94x), El Payaso Plim Plim: Un Héroe del Corazón (11.66x) and Peppa Pig (11.61x) were four of the top five most in-demand shows in this market in Q2 2022.
- Yo Soy, from Latina Televisión, was the most in-demand reality show with Peruvian audiences where it had 9.52 times the average series demand.
- Better Call Saul was the highest ranked series from AMC in Peru in this report with 8.36 times the average series demand.
Top Series in Peru
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q2 2022 across all platforms and networks in Peru: