Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Singapore in Q2, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Singapore from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Singapore Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- Despite having the second lowest share of demand for children’s series in this report, this market’s share of demand for the genre was above its global share of demand.
- With strong demand for Attack On Titan (16.25x) and Jujutsu Kaizen (10.76x), Singapore had the third largest share of demand for animation in this quarter.
- As most markets in this report, drama was the most in-demand genre in Singapore. The 32.8% share of demand for this genre was below its global share of demand (39.1%).
- As the 4th most in-demand subgenre this quarter, Sitcom ranked higher in Singapore than in any other Asian market in this report.
- Superhero Series ranked higher in Singapore and Malaysia than any other market in this report as the thirdmost in-demand subgenre in Q2 2022.
- As the 6th most in-demand subgenre in Q2 2022, the School subgenre ranked lower in Singapore than any other market in this report.
Singapore Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Apple TV+ made up the largest share of demand in Singapore in Q2 2022. The 2.1% demand share was higher than the global share of demand for the platform’s content (1.6%).
- Discovery had very low shares of demand (< 3.1%) in this report, but it was especially unpopular in Singapore where it presented its lowest demand share (1.6%).
- Cartoon Network also had a hard time grabbing the attention of Singaporean audiences–the platform had its lowest share of demand in the Singapore (1.7%) in this quarter.
- Disney+ placed three shows–Moon Knight, WandaVision and Obi-wan Kenobi–among the top 10 most in-demand shows in Singapore this quarter.
- Halo, the Paramount+ action/adventure series, had 9.93 times the average series demand in the Q2 2022 and it ranked higher in Singapore than any other market covered in this report.
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver was the most in-demand HBO title in Singapore this quarter where it had 12.25 times the average series demand.
Top Series in Singapore
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q2 2022 across all platforms and networks in Singapore: