Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Thailand in Q1, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Thailand from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Thailand Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- With 15.6% share of demand for animation series, Thailand was the most animation loving market in this report.
- Thai audiences gave comedy series a demand share of 9.8% that was significantly lower than its global demand share (14.3%).
- Factual and sports content accounted for a smaller share of demand in Thailand than in any other market in this report with a 0.2% and 0.6% demand share respectively.
- Romantic drama ranked higher in Thailand than in any other market in this report as the 2nd most in-demand subgenre in Q1 2022.
- A love of Japanese anime helped drive the large interest in animated content overall in Thailand. Anime was the most in-demand subgenre of the quarter by a substantial margin.
- Competition reality achieved its highest rank in this report as the 5th most in-demand subgenre in Thailand in this quarter.
Thailand Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Despite making up the largest share of demand in Thailand in this quarter, Netflix’s demand share (8.7%) was below the global share of demand for the platform’s content (10.4%).
- Content from ABC and The CW had the lowest shares of demand in Thailand with 2.3% and 1.8% respectively.
- Disney had the 3rd largest demand share in Thailand in Q1 2022. The 4.7% share of demand given by Thai audiences was above the global share of demand for Disney content (3.6%).
- Secret Crush on You, the drama from Channel 3, was the most in-demand show in Thailand in Q1 2022 with 14.30 times the average series demand in this quarter.
- The Mask Singer, from WorkpointTV, was the most in-demand reality series in Thailand in Q1 2022 with 12.51 times the average series demand.
- The drama from HBO, Euphoria, ranked lower (28) in Thailand than in any other market covered in this report.
Top Series in Thailand
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q1 2022 across all platforms and networks in Thailand: