Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in the United Arab Emirates in Q2, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for the United Arab Emirates from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
United Arab Emirates Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- With 1.6% share of demand for the genre, the UAE was jointly the most sports loving market (along with Norway) across all markets in this report.
- UAE audiences gave the third largest share of demand to reality genre in Q2 2022 (10.1%) of all markets in this report.
- The UAE was the market with the second largest share of demand (10.1%) for the action/adventure genre in this quarter.
- Drama was very popular with UAE audiences in Q2 2022. Drama subgenres occupied 5 spots in the top 10 most in-demand subgenres in the market
- The Superhero Series subgenre was very popular inthe UAE as the 4th most in-demand subgenre in the quarter.
- Crime drama ranked as the most in-demand subgenre in the UAE for Q2 2022. It was the top subgenre in three other markets in this report.
United Arab Emirates Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Netflix made up the largest share of demand in the UAE in this report. The 8.6% demand share was still lower than the global share of demand for the platform’s content (10.0%).
- Disney content was popular in the UAE in this quarter. The 7.2% share of demand is well above its global share of demand (3.9%).
- The UAE had the third largest share of demand for content from HBO across all markets with 6.1% demand share.
- Moon Knight, the action/adventure from Disney, was the most in-demand show in this market in Q2 2022 with 19 times the average series demand.
- Attack on Titan, from MBS, was the most in-demand animation series in the UAE this quarter with 11.25 times the average series demand.
- WWE Monday Night Raw, the sports show from USA Network, had 8.86 times the average series demand in the UAE in Q2 2022.
Top Series in the United Arab Emirates
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q2 2022 across all platforms and networks in the United Arab Emirates: