Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Venezuela in Q1, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Venezuela from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Venezuela Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- Venezuelan audiences gave the largest share of demand to children series this quarter. The 18.9% share of demand for the genre was much higher than its global share of demand (6.9%).
- Animation is a popular genre in Venezuela. The 12.9% share of demand for the genre is higher than the global share of demand (10.8%).
- The share of demand for horror (0.8%), reality (7.2%), comedy (8.4%) and documentary (1.2%) content in Venezuela were the smallest in this report
- Soap opera was a uniquely successful subgenre in Venezuela this quarter. Soap opera was the most in-demand subgenre in the market. Venezuela, India and Portugal were the three markets in this report where soap opera ranked in the top ten most in-demand subgenre.
- Venezuela was one of four markets (along with Brazil, India and Thailand) in this report where romantic drama ranked in the top ten most in-demand subgenres.
- Venezuela was the only market in this report not to rank crime drama as one of the top three most in-demand subgenres in the quarter.
Venezuela Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Netflix had the smallest share of demand in this quarter in Venezuela. The 6.7% share of demand was well below the average for Netflix (10.4%).
- Disney and Cartoon Network were both very successful in Venezuela in this quarter where they reached their largest share of demand (7.8% and 4% respectively) in this report.
- Venezuela is a very competitive market, crowded with strong local players. Netflix, HBO, CBS, NBC and FOX each had the lowest demand share in this market in Q1 2022.
- Children’s titles Paw Patrol (14.61x), Peppa Pig (12.53x) and El Payaso Plim Plim: Un Héroe del Corazón (11.11x) were the top three most in-demand shows in Venezuela in Q1 2022
- Attack on Titan, from MBS, was the most in-demand animation series in Venezuela this quarter with 10.39 times the average series demand.
- Spanish language reality from Telemundo Caso Cerrado did well in Venezuela. It ranked as the 11th most in-demand reality series in Venezuela in Q1 2022.
Top Series in Venezuela
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q1 2022 across all platforms and networks in Venezuela:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report.