This Parrot Analytics title movement report for Portugal reveals which series had a serious impact on Portuguese audiences between March and May 2020.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
1. Which new series (Season 1) had the strongest debut among Portuguese audiences?
2. Which debut or pre-existing series gained the most audience attention in Portugal from March to April?
3. Which debut or pre-existing series gained the most audience attention in Portugal from April to May?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- Unusually, the series with the strongest premiere with Portuguese audiences in these three months was not a scripted series. In the first 30 days after release, Michael Jordan documentary The Last Dance had 14 times the market average series demand.
- With schools in Portugal under COVID-19 lockdowns, demand for children's content increased strongly throughout all three months.
- Spanish crime drama La Casa De Papel was the fastest growing series from March to April 2020. Between those months, the Netflix original added 13.5x the Portuguese market average demand.