This Parrot Analytics title movement report for Russia reveals which series had a serious impact on Russian audiences during 2020 Q1.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Which new series (Season 1) had the strongest debut among Russian audiences?
- Which debut or pre-existing series gained the most audience attention in Russia from January to February?
- Which debut or pre-existing series gained the most audience attention in Russia from February to March?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- Demand for new series in Russia was dominated by horror fantasy series in the first three months of 2020. The strongest new debut was Netflix's Locke & Key, with British horror series Dracula also debuted strongly.
- Apple TV+ series Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet was one of the fastest growing series in Russia from January to February, gaining 5.1x the average series demand.
- The second fastest growing series on the chart, Hulu’s Devs, was not officially available in Russia from February to March. Nevertheless, Russian audiences were interested in the mystery drama and it grew by 7.2 times average demand.