This Parrot Analytics title movement report for the United Kingdom reveals which series had a serious impact on British audiences during 2019 Q4.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Which new series (Season 1) had the strongest debut among British audiences?
- Which debut or pre-existing series gained the most audience attention in the UK from October to November?
- Which debut or pre-existing series gained the most audience attention in the UK from November to December?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- Four titles from the UK debuted strongly this quarter, with high demand in the first 30 days of the show premiering. The strongest debut of these was BBC One’s His Dark Materials, which premiered on November 3rd and averaged 26 times the demand of the average title in the UK.
- The Mandalorian had its global premiere on November 12th when Disney+ launched in the USA and other markets. Although not officially available in the UK, it still enjoyed the single strongest month on month growth of any series between October and November.
- Between November and December, BBC One's Gavin & Stacey is the strongest returning series in the UK. Demand increased by 10.2x UK average after the sitcom aired a special on Christmas Day, the first new episode for 10 years.