This Parrot Analytics title movement report for the United States reveals which series had a serious impact on American audiences during 2019 Q4.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Which new series (Season 1) had the strongest debut among American audiences?
- Which debut or pre-existing series gained the most audience attention in the USA from October to November?
- Which debut or pre-existing series gained the most audience attention in the USA from November to December?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- There was a very close battle for best new series in the US in Q4 2019. In the end, Netflix’s The Witcher just outperformed Disney+’s The Mandalorian, although both are vastly outpacing the rest of the market.
- Many new series from Apple TV+ benefited from the November 1st launch to be some of the fastest growing series from October to November 2019. See increased most out of the Apple TV+ originals.
- From November to December 2019, the fastest growing returning (2+ season) series was Cartoon Network's Steven Universe. Amazon Prime Video’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was the strongest returning SVOD series.