Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at OTT TV trends in the United Kingdom, including:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in the United Kingdom, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to the British population.
- How local British demand for these titles has changed over the course of the first quarter of 2018.
- How many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q1 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the first quarter of 2018.
Consumer willingness to pay for SVOD services in the United Kingdom
The Parrot Analytics Global SVOD Subscription Purchase Propensity Study explored how many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to in the United Kingdom. The study was carried out with British consumers in March 2018, here the findings:
- Over 45% percent of respondents are not willing to subscribe to any video subscription streaming services in the United Kingdom.
- A greater percentage of people in the United Kingdom are willing to pay for one service than in the United States. Separately, more people in the UK are willing to pay for four or more services than for three services.
- People aged 55 to 64 make up 28% of subscribers to 3 platforms, while people aged 25 to 34 make up 29% of subscribers to 4 or more platforms.
- Across all age groups, UK males are more willing to pay for SVOD services, especially for 3 or more.
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: United Kingdom OTT Ratings TV Report for Q1, 2018