Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in the United Kingdom.
Download this report now and discover what television content people really want in the United Kingdom. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights on SVOD digital originals and TV device access preferences:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in the United Kingdom, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to the British.
- How local demand in the United Kingdom for these titles has changed over the course of the second quarter of 2018.
- How audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in the United Kingdom, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q2 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the second quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: New Zealand, Austria, Colombia, Canada, Germany, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, United States.
Top Streaming Television Shows in the United Kingdom
In the United Kingdom TV report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from April through May, 2018. A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in the United Kingdom over the last three months is also included:
- 13 Reasons Why was also extremely popular in the UK, generating the highest peak following its May 18th release.
- Netflix’s Lost in Space, though an all-at-once release, managed to sustain high demand for a month post its release.
- Amazon Prime Video’s The Grand Tour, though it hasn’t released any new episodes since February 2018, has been maintaining its demand throughout Q2.
Devices used to access TV content in the United Kingdom
Our global TV demand report also includes a section on how audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in the United Kingdom, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- Similar to the US, the UK has one of the highest reported usage of Smart TVs (19%).
- In the UK, both TV with Antenna channels and Smart TV skew male. (66% Male and 58% Male respectively).
- Using a mobile phone to access TV content is pretty even among the 18-24 (19%), 25-34 (22%), and 35-44 (21%) age brackets.
Please download the full 55 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: United Kingdom SVOD Demand Report for Q2 2018