Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Brazil from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Brazil digital original genre and subgenre preferences
- Brazilian audiences gave a high share of demand for factual/news content. 3% of demand for all series was for this genre, the highest demand share in this report.
- With a 7.0% share of demand for the variety genre, Brazil had the largest share of demand for the variety genre of markets in this report and nearly twice the global share of demand for the genre (3.6%).
- Despite the popularity of several local reality shows like Big Brother Brasil, Brazilian audiences gave the smallest share of demand (7.0%) to the reality genre in 2022 of markets in this report.
- Brazil was one of three markets in this report where anime was the most in-demand subgenre of 2022, along with Germany and France.
- Soap operas were the second most in-demand subgenre in Brazil for the year. This was a higher rank for this subgenre than in most markets.
- Fantasy drama ranked as the eighth most in-demand subgenre in Brazil in 2022. This was the subgenre’s highest rank in this report. It was also the eight most in-demand subgenre in Canada and Italy.
Brazil platform demand share and digital originals demand distribution
- TV Globo series made up the largest share of demand in Brazil by original channel (10.8%) beating out even Netflix (7.5%).
- Content from The CW was popular in Brazil where its shows accounted for 2.7% of total demand for series in 2022. This is the channel’s largest share of demand across markets in this report.
- Fox series struggled to break through in Brazil compared to other markets. The channel’s share of demand was only 2.4% here, it’s lowest share in this report.
- Despite the low share of demand for the reality genre in Brazil, the local version of the Big Brother franchise ranked as the 17th most in-demand show for the year with 17.41 times the average series demand.
- Grey’s Anatomy has found fans in Brazil. The US medical drama was the sixth most in-demand show in Brazil in 2022, its highest rank in this report.
- The Brazilian version of MasterChef was the most in-demand show from Rede Bandeirantes. It had 17.05 times the average series demand for the year.
Top digital original series in Brazil
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in 2022 in Brazil across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.