Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in Canada.
Download this report now and discover what television content people really want in Canada. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights on SVOD digital originals and TV device access preferences:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Canada, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to Canadians.
- How local demand in Canada for these titles has changed over the course of the second quarter of 2018.
- How audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Canada, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q2 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the second quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: New Zealand, Austria, Colombia, Germany, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Canada
In the Canada TV report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from April through May, 2018. A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in Canada over the last three months is also included:
- Cobra Kai ranked 11th in Canada for Q2 among digital originals and drove the highest demand among titles featured in this chart post the series’ release in May.
- While The Handmaid’s Tale generated consistently high demand beginning late April, its demand peak for Q2 was reached late June, aligning with the 3rd to last episode of the season.
- Demand in the quarter was steady though Trailer Park Boys last released new episodes in its 12th Season on March 30th.
Devices used to access TV content in Canada
Our global TV demand report also includes a section on how audiences’ TV series consumption by device varies in Canada, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- Canadians report engaging with television content on a laptop/desktop (19%) at a similar rate as Smart TVs (17%).
- Tablets usage skews heavily male for TV content engagement (71%).
- In Canada, TV watching on a mobile phone is heavily led by 18-24 (38%).
- The 65+ bracket leads on viewing TV on a TV screen with Cable (25%).
Please download the full 55 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Canada SVOD Demand Report for Q2 2018