This Parrot Analytics genre trend report for France reveals which genres and subgenres appealed to French audiences the most during 2020 June to August. The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Which genres are most in-demand for French audiences this quarter?
- How do genre trends in France compare to global trends for the quarter?
- Which subgenres are most in-demand for French audiences this quarter?
- For only digital original series, what genres are most demanded by French audiences this quarter and how is this different to the overall shares?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- Between June and August 2020, audiences in France expressed the 44.7% of all demand for series in the drama genre, the most of any genre.
- Compared to worldwide content tastes, French audiences pay less attention to reality series. The genre share for reality in this market is -1.9% smaller than the global average.
- Anime is the fifth most demanded subgenre in this market, accounting for over half of the total demand for the animation genre.
- Led by Disney+'s The Mandalorian, the French demand share for action and adventure digital original series is much larger than the genre's share of the overall market.