Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Hungary from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Hungary digital original genre and subgenre preferences
- Hungary had the largest share of demand for animation of all market in this report. Nearly a fifth of demand (19.9%) for all shows in Hungary was for an animated series in Q1 2023.
- The 8.8% share of demand that Hungarian audiences gave to the action/adventure genre was the third largest in this report and well above the global share of demand for the genre (6.3%).
- Hungarian audiences gave the second lowest share of demand to the comedy genre in this report. The 12.3% of demand for comedy series in Hungary was below the global share of demand for the genre (13.2%).
- Japanese animation was the most in-demand subgenre in Hungary by a wide margin. The popularity of this subgenre helped drive overall high demand for animation in Hungary this quarter.
- The animated sitcom subgenre also achieved its highest rank in Hungary (along with Switzerland), pointing to a love of animated content that spans subgenres in this market.
- Sci-fi action ranked higher in Hungary than in any other market in this report as the 9th most in-demand subgenre for the quarter.
Hungary platform demand share and digital originals demand distribution
- As one of the most anime-loving markets in this report, Hungary gave a large share of demand to content from two Japanese channels where much of this content originates. TV Tokyo accounted for a larger share of demand in Hungary than in any other market in this report (2.4%) while Tokyo MX (3.5%) made up a larger share only in Poland.
- Disney content resonated with Hungarian audiences this quarter. 5.7% of demand for shows was for a show from a Disney branded channel or platform. This was its third largest share of demand in this report.
- Content from Amazon Prime Video made an impact in Hungary where it accounted for 3.8% of demand for all shows, larger than the platform’s global share of demand (2.8%)
- There is high demand in Hungary for Star Wars content. The Mandalorian ranked as the most in-demand show of the quarter in this market with 17.5 times the average series demand. Andor also ranked higher here than in any other market in this report as the 10th most in-demand series.
- Animated content succeeded in Hungary this quarter. Japanese anime like My Hero Academia (15.5x) as well as other types of animated content like Helluva Boss (10.2x) ranked highly in this market.
- Local Hungarian drama, Hazatalálsz, found fans in its home market where it had 5.2 times the demand of the average series for the quarter.
Top digital original series in Hungary
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q1 2023 in Hungary across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.