Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Ireland from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Ireland digital original genre and subgenre preferences
- Ireland had the largest share of demand for children’s series in this report. The 11.6% share of demand for the genre was well above the global share of demand for children’s content (7.0%).
- Variety stands out as a popular genre in Ireland. The 5.4% share of demand for the genre in this market was larger than any other in this report.
- Irish demand for the animation genre was the second lowest in this report. The 8.9% of demand for animated content was lower than the global share of demand for animation (13.1%).
- High demand for children’s content in Ireland is reflected in the high rank of the pre-school and school age subgenres in Ireland as the third and fourth most in-demand subgenres respectively. The pre-school age subgenre ranked higher here than in any other market in this report.
- Crime drama was the most in-demand subgenre in Ireland in Q1 2023. The second ranked subgenre, sitcom, only had 75% of the demand for crime drama.
- Ireland was one of only two markets in this report where the mystery drama subgenre made it into the top ten most in-demand subgenres.
Ireland platform demand share and digital originals demand distribution
- Ireland gave the largest share of demand in this report to BBC content. 7.0% of demand for shows was for a series from a BBC channel this quarter.
- In addition to the BBC, ITV series also found success in Ireland. 3.9% of demand for shows was for an ITV series, a larger share of demand for this channel than in any other market in this report.
- Ireland was one of two markets in this report where HBO content made up the largest share of demand for the quarter, beating out even Netflix. 7.4% of demand for shows in Ireland was for an HBO or HBO Max series.
- The Last of Us was the most in-demand show in Ireland by a wide margin this quarter when it had 22.3 times the average series demand. The second ranked show, South Park, had 13.8 times the average series demand.
- The hit American show, Yellowstone, has found fans in Ireland where it ranked as the fourth most in-demand show this quarter, higher than in any other market in this report.
- The long-running Irish variety series, The Late Late Show, continues to hold the attention of audiences in its home market where it had 5.4 times the average series.
Top digital original series in Ireland
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q1 2023 in Ireland across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.